WeCarry is a logistics company with 150 employees which operates in San Fransisco, US. Their operations include offering solutions to both internal and external logistics problem of the companies. Their main focus right now is to expand the company's trading volume to be able to offer more service. In addition they also want to increase brand awarenes at the same time to attract more customers that they can serve with the increased volume. However, it gets harder and harder to track down the performances of the employees as the number grows.
The company wants to implement the OKRs system to its operations to be able to track down the performances of departments, teams and employees. However, they first wanted to try a free OKR Template for a logistics company to be familiar with the system. Moreover, they wanted to see how well the system meets their needs.
Here, we will first see some examples of objectives and key results assigned to the company. Afterwards, there will be some OKRs assigned to the marketing department of the logistics company, and for an employee working in the strategy team of the company. Finally, there is a screenshot from the OKR Template that they are using as a trial right now.
OKR Examples for a Logistics Company
- Key Result 1: Add 10 new trucks to the fleet
- Key Result 2: Interview 20 experienced drivers
- Key Result 3: Sign new contracts with at least 2 shipping companies
- Key Result 1: Invest $5000 in operation efficency team
- Key Result 2: Optimize 10 most frequently used routes
- Key Result 3: Introduce 3 new incentives for on-time delivery
OKR Example for the Marketing Department of a Logistics Company
- Key Result 1: Become a sponsor for 3 small but tactical organizations such as sailing teams
- Key Result 2: Invest 2000$ on target audience selection and company promotion activities
- Key Result 3: Comment on 15 supply chain related problems on linkedin
OKR Example for an employee in Strategy Department of a Logistics Company
- Key Result 1: Add 5 new trucks to the fleet
- Key Result 2: Interview 5 experienced drivers
- Key Result 3: Sign new contracts with at least 1 shipping companies
So, what does the template look like?
Alright, we have examined some examples of OKRs assigned to a certain department and an employee in addition to the company OKRs. Using the OKR template for a logistics company, one may assign quarterly objectives to employees, teams and departments. Moreover, you may find a summary table where you can find all the results of the teams, departments and individuals.
In this screenshot from the template, you can see objectives assigned to a particular employee working in the strategy team. The numeric quarterly objectives might be followed both by the employee and the employer by adding weekly checkins.
For more detailed information about how to use the template click here.