DataGrid is an IT company with 50 employees which operates in San Fransisco, United States. Their main focus on the business is generating IT solutions for companies. These solutions include extraction and security of data. Marketing department solely focuses on the user experience part now since they had too many feedbacks regarding their webpage. In addition, the more the company grows, the harder it is to keep track of the progress.
The company wants to implement the OKRs system to its operations to be able to track down the performances of departments, teams and employees. However, they first wanted to try a free OKR Template for an IT company to be familiar with the system. Moreover, they wanted to see how well the system meets their needs.
Here, we will first see some examples of objectives and key results assigned to the company. Afterwards, there will be some OKRs assigned to the marketing department of the IT company, and for an employee working in the software department of the company. Finally, there is a screenshot from the OKR Template that they are using as a trial right now.
OKR Examples for an IT Company
- Key Result 1: Evaluate the reliability of 100 data sources
- Key Result 2: Obtain 20 new sources of data
- Key Result 3: Develop 10 new progress ideas for extraction of data process
- Key Result 1: Check the passwords of 100 employees and make changes when necassary
- Key Result 2: Create a new feature for your security software
- Key Result 3: Develop 3 different contingency strategies
OKR Example for the Marketing Department of an IT Company
- Key Result 1: Increase page speed by 25%
- Key Result 2: Become mobile friendly in at least 10 pages
- Key Result 3: Evaluate 50 customer feedbacks regarding web design
OKR Example for an employee working in the Software Department of an IT Company
- Key Result 1: Evaluate the reliability of 25 data sources
- Key Result 2: Obtain 5 new sources of data
- Key Result 3: Develop 5 new progress ideas for extraction of data process
So, what does the template look like?
Alright, we have examined some examples of OKRs assigned to a certain department and an employee in addition to the company OKRs. Using the OKR template for an IT company, one may assign quarterly objectives to employees, teams and departments. Moreover, you may find a summary table where you can find all the results of the teams, departments and individuals.
In this screenshot from the template, you can see objectives assigned to an employee working in the software department of the IT Company. The numeric quarterly objectives might be followed both by the employee and the employer by adding weekly checkins.
For more detailed information about how to use the template click here.