XYZ Investment is a financial services company with 30 employees which operates in New York, United States. Their main operation is right now offering financial services to individuals or companies such as investment strategies. In addition, they create financial strategies of companies for the next fiscal year. The market was highly instable in the 1st quarter of 2020. Therefore, the company needs to reanalyze the market to offer better solutions.
The company wants to implement the OKRs system to its operations to be able to track down the performances of departments, teams and employees. However, they first wanted to try a free OKR Template for a financial services company to be familiar with the system. Moreover, they wanted to see how well the system meets their needs.
Here, we will first see some examples of objectives and key results assigned to the company. Afterwards, there will be some OKRs assigned to the finance department of the financial services company, and for an employee working in the market research team of the company. Finally, there is a screenshot from the OKR Template that they are using as a trial right now.
OKR Examples for a Financial Services Company
- Key Result 1: Do the market analysis in 5 different sectors
- Key Result 2: Come up with 20 new investment opportunities
- Key Result 3: Analyze 5 investment opportunities and find out expected profits
- Key Result 1: Set up meetings with all 8 department heads to talk about the budgets of last years
- Key Result 2: Analyze the 8 department’s expenses and revenues in the last 3 fiscal year
- Key Result 3: Create 2 different alternative strategies
OKR Example for the Finance Department of a Financial Services Company
- Key Result 1: Increase gross profit margin from 12% to 25%
- Key Result 2: Enter 1 new market in the first quarter
- Key Result 3: Reanalyze the pricing of 5 services offered
OKR Example for an employee working in the Market Research Team of a Financial Services Company
- Key Result 1: Do the market analysis in 2 different sectors
- Key Result 2: Come up with 5 new investment opportunities
- Key Result 3: Analyze 2 investment opportunities and find out expected profits
So, what does the template look like?
Alright, we have examined some examples of OKRs assigned to a department, an employee and the whole company. Using the OKR template for a financial services company, one may assign quarterly objectives to employees, teams and departments. Moreover, you may find a summary table where you can find all the results of the teams, departments and individuals.
In this screenshot from the template, you can see objectives assigned to an employee working in the market research team of a financial services company. The numeric quarterly objectives might be followed both by the employee and the employer by adding weekly checkins.
For more detailed information about how to use the template click here.