Corvisio OKR Software helps you to align your company with your vision and mission
Objectives and key results, OKRs, is a management methodology used by large companies ranging from Google, Intel to the small startups. It helps you to macro manage your organization rather than micromanage, ensuring organization-wide awareness of your vision and mission. OKR Software improves overall productivity and employee loyalty. You can use free OKR Software module of Corvisio for your teams or your company or startup. Measure what matters. Contact us for more details.
OKR software is a simple tool to align and engage the employees and managers around common and measurable goals.
OKRs in a nutshell:
- OKRs are simple and flexible
- Objectives should be ambitious and feel somewhat uncomfortable
- Key results are concrete, measurable and should be easy to grade with a number ( it may be a percentage, 0 to 1.0 or binary)
- OKRs should be public so that everyone in the company can see what others are doing
- The best range for an OKR grade is 65% – 70%; if you constantly achieve 100% of your objective, your OKRs aren’t ambitious and stretch enough and you need to aim higher
- OKRs should not be used as employee evaluations
- OKRs are not a common to-do list
- Avoid a set it and forget it mindset
With OKR Software, the teams’ objectives and key results are visible to the other employees. Thus, creating transparent knowledge of what others are working on. This way everyone in the company can align their work and track the progress of others.
As you communicate all the progress, if one part of the company diverges from the common goals of the company, it can be quickly noticed and fixed.
OKR was introduced by the Silicon Valley companies. The first adopter was Google. They started to use OKR approach when they only had 40 employees. Google still uses it to achieve its stretch goals and today they have more than 60,000 employees. They are followed by other now giant enterprises like Twitter, Spotify and LinkedIn.
But OKR is not only for digital companies and enterprises. OKR creates the path to success as much for startups and small businesses as it does now for the enterprises.
Many companies accomplished results that seemed impossible before. OKRs enable the teams to aim for ambitious goals, help them to get out of their comfort zone and prioritize their work.
Creating stretch goals is the crucial part. It is so important that Google’s Ten things we know to be true states them directly: