OKR Examples For Your Company
Objectives and Key Results is a business management strategy to track the progress of your company.In this article we will be talking about the examples of OKRs in several type of businesses or departments. Moreover, we will analyze some of the given objectives and key results to reach a conclusion about whether they are successful or not. Let's start with examples of OKR in a growing company.
OKR Example for a Growing Company
Introduce Your Company to Other Businesses
- Move site to the top 3 by keyword studies
- Be more active on social media platforms like LinkedIn to highlight achievements
- Prepare newsletter weekly
The OKR example above is not a good one. Why? The objective is not clear enough, so the purpose is not fully understood. In addition, all of the key results are not numeric. In order to make this a better example we could modify them as:
- The phrase in the objective ‘Other Businesses ‘ should be specified as ‘Competitive companies’
- Supporting the subjective saying ‘Being more active on social media platforms’ with numerical data would be better. To better illustrate, one could use "Be more active by sharing 4 posts in a week on social media platforms like LinkedIn to highlight achievements."
Product Marketing – OKR Examples
Launch the New Software Product
- Give 20 prospective buyers 1 month free use
- Use e-mail marketing during pre-pre-launch to get highest click-minimum 35% higher than before
- Finalize feature briefs and sales enablements of the new product and add them to social platforms and website before pre-launch
The third key result is not based on quantity. To change it to a good key result:
- Finalize at least 70% of feature briefs and sales enablements of the new product and add them to social platforms and website before pre-launch.
Online Marketing – OKR Examples
Fix App's Usability Issues
- Make application 40% faster with every update
- Get usability score above 85% on UX mockups from 100 trial
- Get feedback from people who have done trials
Getting feedback from people who have done trials means 100% success. However, hundred percent feedback is not a realistic KR. On the other hand, setting a lower bar of 70% helps that key result to be more realistic. Hence, the better result becomes ‘Get feedback from 70% of people who have done trials’ .
- Add online help, if it is already available, increase the response speed by 45%
- Use platforms to create mobile version and check if your website is mobile-friendly
- Get 8/10 score of the usability criteria
- Reduce image sizes and set a boundary that maximum width does not surpass 75% of boundary
An OKR Example for Personal Finance
Improve Financial Reporting
- Employment of 3 new accountants
- The deficiencies in the reports should be corrected in consultation with the departments monthly
- 100% interactive income tax
HR-Human Resources – OKR Examples
Increase the Privileges of an Average Employee
- Increasing the concession period of the contracts with the employees from 2 to 3 years
- Increase positive feedback by 20% in anonymous employee surveys
- Increase promotion rate to 25%
Increase Employee Productivity
- Absenteeism 20% reduction
- 80% completion of each employee's KPI / OKR / MBO
- 100% attendance to weekly employee development audit meeting
Well, if the last example got you thinking about what are the differences between OKRs and KPIs, then you should definitely check our OKR vs KPI article.
Advantages of using OKRs have increased the popularity of the methodology more and more in the last decade.We have build Corvisio's Free OKR Software, that would help you smoothly implement this methodology to your business.